It's right for you if...
You're testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at a great value, with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
A sturdy aluminium frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike's sleek look, powerful hydraulic disc brakes and a simple 1x10 Shimano drivetrain that ditches the front derailleur for less clutter and easier operation. The wide-range cassette still gives you all the gears you need for big climbs and steep descents. Plus a suspension fork with a lever that lets you easily lock the suspension so you don't waste energy on smooth terrain.
The final word
The Marlin 6 gives you upgrades that you'll notice on every ride, like the smooth, simple shifting Shimano drivetrain. Extra-strong double-walled rims and powerful hydraulic disc brakes give you durability and stopping power for your most rugged adventures on the trail, in town, and everywhere in between.
Why you'll love it
- The 1x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Smaller frame sizes (XXS, XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- The Marlin models in XXS to S frame sizes have a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every Trek, it's backed by a lifetime warranty